In Soalsā€™ blogpost this week titled Interaction with Art, she described a video that focused on teaching others how to paint with acrylics and explained how she would go about showing that video in a classroom setting. I thought that having students follow along was definitely the way to go, as I myself would struggle if I watched the video and then was told to try and replicate it and Iā€™m much older than the target age group; using well-timed pauses as students paint as they go seems like a much better approach. Since this assignment is not necessarily about getting it “right” and more about participating and trying the new concept it makes sense that the grading would be focused on completion and gaps in skill level would have no relevance. It is also nice that this assignment would result in minimal workload for the teacher, as most of the actual ā€œworkā€ would be done by the students as they try painting along. Overall, this video seems like a great tool to help students interact with art in a way that they might not have ever done before, and the assignment that Soals came up with seems like a good way to supplement that.Ā 

In Zihanā€™s post titled Interaction Prompt, the video that she selected focused on art composition and the basics of drawing. This is another important concept for students to learn so that they can understand more about how art itself is constructed. Zihan also stresses the importance of taking notes, which can greatly aid the learning process as students remember things better after having written it down by hand. This is a necessary insight as so much of learning now is online – having a reminder for students that writing things down by hand may be more beneficial is a great way to keep them engaged in the content and have them demonstrate their learning.Ā Ā